For More Information
National Headache Foundation:
Women and Migraine Learning Module
American Headache Society
Migraine in Women
Headache Triggers Worksheet
Finding A Headache Health Care Professional
National Institute for Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Goldstein LB, Adams R, Alberts MJ, et al. Primary prevention of ischemic stroke: a guideline from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Stroke Council: cosponsored by the Atherosclerotic Peripheral Vascular Disease Interdisciplinary Working Group; Cardiovascular Nursing Council; Clinical Cardiology Council; Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Metabolism Council; and the Quality of Care and Outcomes Research Interdisciplinary Working Group. Circulation. Jun 20 2006;113(24):e873-923.
- Women's Issues in Migraine: National Headache Foundation; 2003.
- National Headache Foundation. http://www.headaches.org/education/Headache_Topic_Sheets/Migraine. Accessed March 19, 2008.
- Kurth T, Gaziano JM, Cook NR, Logroscino G, Diener H-C, Buring JE. Migraine and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease in Women. JAMA. July 19, 2006;296(3):283-291.
- Kurth T, Slomke MA, Kase CS, et al. Migraine, headache, and the risk of stroke in women: A prospective study. Neurology. March 22, 2005;64(6):1020-1026.
- MacClellan LR, Giles W, Cole J, et al. Probable Migraine With Visual Aura and Risk of Ischemic Stroke: The Stroke Prevention in Young Women Study. Stroke. September 1, 2007;38(9):2438-2445.
- Donaghy M, Chang CL, Poulter N. Duration, frequency, recency, and type of migraine and the risk of ischaemic stroke in women of childbearing age. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. December 1, 2002;73(6):747-750.
- Chang CL, Donaghy M, Poulter N. Migraine and stroke in young women: case-control study: the World Health Organisation collaborative study of cardiovascular disease and steroid hormone contraception. BMJ. January 2, 1999;318(7175):13-18.
- Sanchez del Rio M, Bakker D, Wu O, et al. Perfusion weighted imaging during migraine: spontaneous visual aura and headache. Cephalalgia. 1999;19(8):701-707.
- American Headache Society http://www.americanheadachesociety.org/assets/NAP_for_Web_-_Pathophysiology_of_Migraine.pdf. Accessed March 19, 2008.
- Lipton RB, Bigal ME. Migraine and Cardiovascular Disease. JAMA. July 19, 2006;296(3):332-333.